OUR FINANCIAL SERVICES
Our Financial Services
Initial Disclosure Document
About our financial services
The Financial Conduct Authority
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.
Treating Customers Fairly
Our business is committed to treating our customers fairly and ensuring our products and services are suitable for their needs. Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is a core part of our culture and philosophy and you can review our commitment to it by asking for a copy of our TCF policy statement.
Whose Products do we offer?
We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders who may be able to finance your purchase. We will only introduce you to these lenders.
Other Finance Facilities
You may be able to obtain finance for your purchase from other lenders and you are encouraged to seek alternative quotations and details of their products by researching on the high street, in the media and online.
What will you have to pay for this service?
You will not make any payment to us for any introductions we make to finance providers regarding finance facilities to fund your purchase. We may receive a commission payment from the finance provider if you decide to enter into an agreement with them. You can request us to disclose the amount of any commission received from a Lender.
Who regulates us?
The Vehicle Financer is an appointed representative of Product Partnerships Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Product Partnerships Limited FCA registration number is 626349 and its address is Salts Mill, Victoria Road, Shipley, BD18 3LA.
Product Partnerships Limited’s permitted business is to act as a Principal for a network of motor dealer Appointed Representative’s who arrange regulated credit facilities for customers who are purchasing goods from them.
You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s website www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 333 6768.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
In writing: Write to Product Partnerships Limited, Salts Mill, Victoria Road, Shipley, BD18 3LA
By phone: Telephone 01274 921234
By email: Email [email protected]
If you would like to know how we handle complaints, please ask for a copy of our complaints handling process. If you cannot resolve a complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service whose contact details are set out below:
In writing: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
By Telephone: 0800 0234567
By email: [email protected]
Confidentiality and Data Protection
Your information will only be disclosed to 3rd parties in the normal course of arranging and administering any services you request us to provide. This may include sharing your information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions and fraud prevention. For full details of where your information will be sent, and the purpose for doing so, or to cancel your consent for the processing of your personal data, please contact us in writing or talk to your Sales Adviser.
Your Credit Agreement – Pre Contractual Explanation
Important Information about your agreement
- The credit provided under this agreement can only be used to acquire goods from the retailer.
- Monthly payments will need to be made to the Lender, the details of which are set out in the Pre-Contract Credit Information document and the Agreement.
- You should assess the monthly payments you are required to make and ensure you are able to meet these obligations.
- If you are aware of any future events that will affect your ability to meet these payments, you should ensure the Lender is informed immediately.
- Your credit rating could be adversely affected if you do not make payments when due which could make it harder or more expensive for you to access finance facilities in the future.
- You can withdraw from this agreement within 14 days, commencing on the day after receiving your copy of the executed agreement. You should read the Pre-Contractual Credit Information to ensure you are aware of your full rights regarding your Right of Withdrawal and Early Repayment.
- If you have any health issues that could affect your ability to fully understand the documentation you are presented with or your commitments under the agreement, you should carefully consider the amount of time you require to review the documentation and whether it is advisable for you to have someone you know, help you make your decision. Please advise us accordingly if this is the case.
Hire Purchase (HP) Agreements – Looking after the goods (Applicable to HP agreements only)
- You will only become the owner of the goods when you have paid all amounts due under this agreement, including any option to purchase fee and any other conditions have been satisfied.
- If you fail to make all the payments under this agreement when due, the goods could be repossessed. This can be done without a court order unless a third of the total amount payable has been paid.
- Until you become the owner of the goods you must;
- not sell or give them away
- keep them comprehensively insured against all risks and for the full replacement value
- keep them in good condition and repair, and serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and any applicable warranty.
- If you fail to do this you may have to compensate the Lender for any loss they suffer.
- You should read the Pre-Contract Credit Information regarding any final payment under the agreement in order to fully understand your obligations regarding payment of this sum. You will be liable to pay any final payment to gain ownership of the vehicle.
- Where a mileage allowance is stipulated and you choose to return the goods, you will be liable for excess mileage charges, details of which will be included in the Pre-Contract Credit Information.
The Motorbike Financer is a trading style of The Vehicle Financer. The Vehicle Financer is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09970074 whose registered address is 9B High Street, Congleton, CW12 1BN and it operates the Website www.thevehiclefinancer.co.uk.
Last Updated 07 July 2017